We are constantly striving for a gorgeous head of locks and the perfect good hair day. We’re always chasing after the latest products or the best gadgets to get THE look – you know the one! But the question is, at what cost do we continue our favorite beauty routines? The truth is, it could be contributing to thinning hair.
Flat irons, harsh hairbrush bristles, and product chemicals can be seriously damaging to your hair. The chemicals and intense heat can even affect your roots and cause male pattern baldness! Other stressful things for your hair include tight hair styles that pull on your scalp such as braids, buns, cornrows, and weaves can also cause thinning hair and hair loss.
But that doesn’t mean you have to give up your beloved beauty routines! Here are some helpful tips that will help you avoid damaging your hair:
- Use brushes that have soft bristles.
- Make sure your shampoo has a proper pH balance.
- Condition often.
- Avoid products with sulfates and parabens.
- Be careful with how often you dye or color-treat your hair. Try not to overexpose it.
- Reduce your weekly use of curling or flat irons.
- Get your hair trimmed regularly to lose the split ends.
If you’re suffering from thinning hair or hair loss and you’re concerned about your luscious locks and beauty routine, come meet privately with one of our skilled hair loss specialists at HRC. Contact our office at (800) 966-9505 to schedule a free consultation today!