Custom hair pieces have many functional and aesthetic uses. They may be needed for a variety of reasons including chemotherapy, trichotillomania, alopecia, thinning hair, and stylistic choices. No matter the reason, there are always certain rules about upkeep, styling, and cutting that are important to remember if you have a custom hair piece.
- Start with a consultation with a stylist you trust. At HRC, we provide private rooms with a peaceful, comfortable ambience to help you feel at ease.
- Make sure that the cap fits correctly. Be vocal so that it fits your scalp just right, or you run the risk of not being able to get the most comfortable and best look.
- An experienced stylist should always cut your custom hair piece. But, for your knowledge, it should never be cut with blunt edges! Texturized ends are essential to get that easy, natural look.
- Maintenance is very important for custom hair pieces. If it’s made of natural hair, you can simply care for it just like your own grown hair. At HRC, our experienced hair technicians can show you exactly how to properly care and maintain your hair piece and answer any questions you may have!
- Custom hair pieces can be dyed if they’re made of natural hair. HRC has skilled colorists who know how to work with your hair piece and can give you the look you want.
Remember, custom hair pieces don’t behave like natural grown hair. Because it doesn’t grow, the style it’s given will be long lasting, so make sure it’s cut and styled by experienced technicians like those at HRC. We’ll give you an attractive look you’ll love! If you have any questions or want to schedule an appointment for a custom hair piece, contact our office.